Whew! Our adventures at Paperworld are officially done, and now we are on to other (better!) things! While day one had more discoveries, day two was about traversing carefully planned routes to say farewells to people we'd met, pick up some samples and place some strategic orders.
Here's a recap!
- Hindustan Pencils brand Sivo is on to something with their school-age pencil design. Specifically on to something that reminds us of a certain super nostalgic 90's pencil brand...
- We swung by Caran d'Ache again, just for the instagrams... And of course to play with their products for a minute and discover even more things we need in our life.
- Messe Frankfurt has the worst wi-fi signal, which is why we didn't post more tweets or snaps (also, how weird is it that "tweets" and "snaps" are both nouns?).
- We met Palomino and CalCedar boss-man Charles Berolzheimer and talked deep secrets of pencil-dom. It's nice to connect with someone who has the industry insight that Charles has, while also commiserate over some hurdles that pencil businesses face.
- We met Manuela and Patricio of Viarco! Manuela exuberantly told us stories of how some of their products creatively came to be and passionately waxed philosophical about the nostalgia of pencils. He's our new favorite pencil rebel. (P.S. Coming soon: the most gorgeous packaging you've ever seen).
- We had some MAJOR breakthroughs on a particular product we've been chasing for months! Keep a sharp eye out for new products...
- We picked out some great items to help us celebrate the first official anniversary of CW Pencils in March! We can't wait to celebrate our birthday with something shiny.
- The "American Barbecue" themed restaurant at Messe Frankfurt mostly had schnitzel on the menu. They did, however, have some very odd cow print framed and scary horned racks. Craving vegetables forever.
- We took a brief stop into Christmasworld. It's what it sound like (and smells like crafting).
- Ice cream is worth the international ATM fees.
- Still haven't used a map.
CARAN d'ACHE TOMORROW!!! Wait, is that too excited? We're lucky pencil ladies. See you in Geneva!
Caitlin and Caroline